The Greater Kansas City Water Garden Society celebrates its 30th annual self-directed driving tour on five Saturdays in July and August. Each tour will feature up to 12 water features located in proximity. Tickets are $10 per person (age 14 and up) for access to all five tours in the greater Kansas City area. The tours run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with one night party per tour sponsored by a local business.
Lotus Entertain You is the theme for the 30th Anniversary Water Garden Tour. Exotic water lilies and swaying lotus are sure to impress, while dragonflies and butterflies will put a smile on your face.
Tour dates and locations are:
– July 8, Missouri, north of the river,
– July 15, Kansas, Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Northern Johnson counties,
– July 29, Kansas City, Missouri, inside the I-435 Loop, Raytown and Independence,
– Aug. 19, South Missouri, Jackson, South of the Loop, Ray, and Cass counties, and
– Aug. 26, South Kansas, Southern Johnson County.
Proceeds from the annual tour are used to build and sustain ponds for schools and other nonprofits. With your $10 ticket, you will receive a large tour book with maps and host-written pond descriptions. Tickets are available May 1 at www.eventbrite.com or our website, www.kcwatergardens.com. Follow the Greater Kansas City Water Garden Society on Facebook for updates, plein-air artist locations and information about the night parties.