- Location: Somers, State of Victoria
- Client: Doug and Dominique
- Background and Request: This family spends a lot of time in the outback swimming in rock pools and billabongs and wanted the same experience when they are at home.
- Specific Element requests: Jumping rock, edible plantings, water capture from roof and water tank overflow.
- Design dimensions: 52-foot by 40-foot billabong with a 6.5-foot-deep swimming zone. The
wetland filter area is approximately 380 cubic feet. Pond Volume: 26,000 gallons.
- Materials: Granite Boulder (85 tons). River pebble (35 tons). EPDM 1.14 mm Firestone liner.
- Equipment: Aquascape Inc. Equipment – Skimmer Signature 6, two 5,000-gallon Aquasurge pumps, Wetland snorkel and large centipede, 16 small Aquablox.
- LED Lighting: 4 x 6 watt, 6 x 3 watt, 6 x 1 watt, 150-watt transformer with photocell.
- Machinery: 14-ton Excavator, 4-ton Posi track loader.
- Crew and Construction time: Three-man team and completed in 12 days.
- Logistics: 1,300 miles from our base. A service truck traveled to the site with tools and materials, and the crew was flown in. Second project booked for same state to spread the travel costs.