How many times have your pond customers asked for your help to select koi to purchase? What is the best way to help customers select koi fish to buy?
There is no right or wrong way for customers to pick or select koi that they’d like to buy. Everyone has an opinion and personal taste when it comes to koi fish.
Customers usually select a koi that catches their eye. Maybe it’s a type or variety that they have always wanted or a color that they’ve been looking for. Or, it might be a flashy new koi that you’ve just recently offered for sale.
- First, suggest a closer look at the koi being considered
- Slowly and carefully net the koi. Place it in a viewing bowl so the fish can be admired and evaluated.
- Add one or two other koi to the bowl to build a collection from the initial choice.
- Select koi that complement the first fish.
• Show fish of different sizes as well. They can’t buy them if they don’t see them. (Koi are like Lay’s potato chips — you can’t take just one!)
• Don’t oversell or overstock their water feature.
• Finally, be sure to offer high-quality and well-balanced koi food for your pond customers’ new pets.
Your customer values your opinion and knowledge about koi. Offer it when asked, but let the customer make the decisions. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.