Quick steps to get up and running with Periscope broadcasts, see below.
- Post a killer bio as your portfolio! It’s a 160-character resume to capture followers.
- Create killer titles for your scopes! Give people a reason to follow you and listen to your content!
- Activate Discovery Settings. The arrow on the left sets your location so you show up on the Periscope global locator. The Twitter icon on the right will let people find you with Twitter search.
- Engage your audience! People love it when you call out their names! My heart skipped a beat when Gary Vaynerchuck said, “What’s up, Pond Digger” during one of his live broadcasts!
- Have a written outline for your content during your Scope to keep yourself on track! When you’re engaging the audience it’s easy to get distracted.
- Ask people to share your broadcast with their followers after you have provided them value! Swipe up on Android, swipe right on iOS.
- Set a time for your broadcast and send out teaser notifications about your killer content a couple hours before you go live on Facebook and Twitter and via text messaging.