Matala Expandable gravity filter maximizes filter media performance. The rugged Biosteps10 contains an amazing 200 square feet of surface area for beneficial bacteria growth.
Combined with a cross-flow design that traps and processes more debris at high flow rates, you get unparalleled mechanical and biological filtration for superior water quality.
Combine multiple units for large or heavily stocked koi ponds, or use Biosteps10 with optional UV Clarifier for improved water clarity. It features a universal barbed inlet (1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2 inch sizes) with 1 1/2-inch outlet. It measures 23 3/16 by 15 inches and is 20 3/16 inches high.
For ponds up to 2,700 gallons, it is a step-wise transition from mechanical filtration to high-efficiency biofiltration.
Other features include:
• State-of-the-art progressive filtration;
• A sufficient volume of Matala filter media with progressive densities;
• A filter design that enhances growth of different ecological communities of bacteria and planktonic organisms that will colonize different sections of the filter;
• A cross-flow pattern that traps more dirt at high-flow rates without plugging;
• A flow rate of up to 1,060 gph maximum per unit;
• Built-in overflow safety;
• Easy maintenance;
• A sloped bottom with extra sink at outlet for easy draining of waste;
• A modular design that allows for future expansion.
For more info, visit www.matalausa.com.